SATURDAY, JULY 27 | 10AM-4PM
DESCHUTES HISTORICAL MUSEUM
Balloons Over Bend is proud to partner with Saving Grace to bring a Children’s Festival to the region filled with experimenting, creating, experiencing and fun! Kids will experience everything from educational experiments, carnival games, creative stations, nature nooks, the BEA Bike Rodeo and so much more!
Admission includes entry and ALL activities associated with Saturday’s Children’s Festival, including all 7 bounce houses and the Balloon Blast Kids Race!
Here are some of the exciting activities for the kiddos to look forward to:
BEA Bike Rodeo
Deschutes County Sherrif Presentation & Meet Your Local Heroes
Bend Nest Carvinal Games
Stuffed Animal Corral
Face Painting by Saving Grace
Balloon Blast Kids Race
Saturday, July 26, 2019
The Kids Balloon Blast is an obstacle course race for kids ages 3-10 with seven to eight fun and exciting obstacles appropriate for all types of children with a wide range of skill levels. We encourage parents and guardians to come and cheer their little athletes on as they enjoy being part of a supportive, healthy and motivational community event.
The Balloon Blast is the 5th race in the Kids Rock the Races Series. All participants will receive a race bib, finishers ribbons and a stamp on their Kids Rock the Races race bib and be eligible for cool prizes.
We are proud to be partnering with Saving Grace for the 2019 Big Country RV Balloons Over Bend Children’s Festival.
Saving Grace (formerly COBRA) provides comprehensive family violence and sexual assault services and promotes the value of living life free from violence.
Given this mission, Saving Grace believes in:
- Declaring freedom from fear of all forms of abuse a basic human right
- Empowering survivors of violence to make their own choices by exercising their right to self-determination
- Respecting children, women and men equally
- Breaking the cycle of violence through education
- Offering a program balancing prevention, intervention and support
- Endorsing public policy making violence unacceptable in our society
- Conducting our own affairs in an ethical and caring way
- Establishing ourselves in a leadership role in the community to promote freedom from violence
Services for domestic violence and sexual assault survivors are designed to help them with the healing process and to provide them with resources to regain control of their lives. Saving Grace‘s services for professionals and community members help them identify abuse and how to respond so future abuse can be prevented.
Visiting Bend and looking to see what Central Oregon has to offer? Check out the Source Weekly’s Visitor’s Guide.